15 December 2013

Online Shopping Can Change the World!

Image source

Christmas Day is now less than two weeks away and if you've been as lazy as me you'll have only just started your shopping. If you've left your shopping as late as me you may also find that the high street is absolutely heaving no matter what time you decide to brave it, making it nigh-on impossible to even get near things you might be interested in buying.

I'm working in retail this Christmas period and being in a busy shop for 8 hours means the last thing I want to do when leaving work is traipse around the shops, elbowing fellow shoppers out of the way while hunting for gifts. As a combined result of my laziness and inability to cope with other people, I've resigned myself to doing most of my Christmas shopping online this year. As well as meaning I don't have to even get out of bed to shop, it also gives me the opportunity to use Give as You Live while getting my presents, allowing me to give money to charity through everything I buy.

Give as You Live allows you to help raise money for charity while simply doing your shopping online as normal. Over 3000 online stores have signed up to donate a commission on online sales to charity, including huge companies such as Amazon, ASOS and Debenhams. There's no extra cost to the customer as all of the commission comes from the amount paid by the customer. Put simply, a percentage of what you spend online at websites which have pledged to donate goes to a charity you get to choose and you don't have to pay anything extra at all.

All you have to do to get a little more from your online shopping is head to the Give as You Live website and click the 'Get Started' button. You can then choose the charity you would like your donations to go to (I've opted for Refuge) and install the toolbar. Then, when you go on a site which has signed up to donate to Give as You Live, you just turn the toolbar on at the top of the page and it does all the hard work for you, automatically donating part of your payment to your chosen organisation. It really is so simple to do and puts your online shopping to good use with so little effort.

I began using the Give as You Live system last year when, you've guessed it, I had to do all my Christmas shopping online. Since then, I've enjoyed watching my total donated amount build up and it's really nice to know that I'm helping out a charity, even when helping myself to a new lipstick or five. The Give as You Live system also works all year round so you also have an excuse for treating yourself year-round.

Do you think you'll use Give as You Live for some guilt-free Christmas shopping? If you do, please let me know; I really hope you'll give it a go and enjoy using it.

This is not a sponsored post and I was not asked to write it for Give as You Live or any other company. I just wanted to share the website on case any of you were interested in using it while doing online shopping and wanted to get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment